You apply powerful marketing methods to increase organic and paid traffic to your site.
After all, powerful and effective marketing strategies drive potential traffic.
But, high traffic doesn’t always translate into sales revenue. So, failing to convert traffic into leads is only HALF THE BATTLE.
According to Forrester Research Report, “more than 97% of visitors leave websites without performing any action or identifying themselves.”
Traffic generation could be effective, but it shouldn’t be your END GOAL. Instead, conversion should be the ‘REAL CATCH.’
You need to root out ‘how to convert website traffic into leads.’
Advertising and digital marketing agencies focus on ‘Website Content’ optimization for search engines, improve ‘Existing Web Pages’ to outperform competition, create ‘Unique Landing Pages’ to promote different service offerings, add ‘Call to Action Elements’ to foster user engagement, design strategic ‘Lead Forms’ to capture important information and drive prospects into sales funnel that help achieve conversions.
Explore to know highly effective, but Lesser-known Methods to CONVERT WEBSITE TRAFFIC INTO LEADS that increase sales revenue.
Try it out. These are the techniques marketers practice.
Improve Existing Pages
The first step in the process is on-page optimization. Your existing web pages should be fully SEO optimized.
You may have created web pages in the past without having an SEO strategy in place. But, these pages may fail to convert. To add SEO elements and create high converting landing pages, follow the below instructions.
Include targeted keywords on your website and make sure your selection of keywords is aligned with the search volume and user search behavior. Create headlines that are short, punchy, and clear. Develop easy-to-read content. Use fonts that are readable with a healthy dose of letter-spacing and line height.
Along with short and sweet text, use images as an armour to define your message. For this, you can use captioned photos, charts or infographics. Visual elements like this often get the point across much better than text alone. Determine whether your pages align with the user intent. If not, they may perform well for a short time. But, eventually, search engines will catch on.
It is advisable to:
- Remove broken links or any irrelevant third party hyperlinks which may direct users outside of your website
- Proper placement of product items, use of appropriate colors, accurate product image size and forms
- Offer bonuses with your product such as Free Gifts, Free Shipping or Free Training. In fact, discover what you can offer to “seal the deal.”
- Put all testimonials alongside products or services instead of on a single page to increase credibility and trust
- Add ‘Live Chat’ and ensure it is staffed during business hours for a quick reply to customers
- Fast matters a lot. So, determine your web pages load within 2 seconds.
- Update your web copy using the right keywords and create content for your persona
- Make all pages mobile-friendly. Find and fix 404 errors
- Implement clear Call to Action (CTA) tactics
Besides, add a Value Proposition, Mission Statement or tell audiences what you deal with and why you deal with it. Value Proposition is the value you guarantee to deliver to consumers why they should buy your product. Leverage your website as a sales tool on why they should buy your product or use your service.
It is advisable to put Value Proposition on ‘Home Page,’ in your “Headline” if possible. Add it to your ‘About Page’ or ‘Blog.’ Let visitors know what exactly they will get if they choose you. This will encourage them to subscribe to your newsletter, buy your products and services or read your blog.
Focussed Landing Pages
Landing pages provide an effective avenue to Convert Visitors Into Leads. While most of the service pages are created to provide information, landing pages are designed to collect contact information. Simply put, landing pages are the initial point of contact between your website and visitors. Key benefits of landing pages include:
- Leaving a good first impression
- Generating leads and conversions
- Promoting new products and services
- Building credibility and improving SEO
- Increasing your search traffic
Leading digital marketing agencies create effective landing pages focussed on targeted audiences because it allows for a potential of 50%-60% conversion ratio.
- Multiple Landing Pages – Different landing pages are engaging for different groups or people. It is, therefore, recommended to create unique landing pages depending on your business requirements. Never rely on only one landing page.
- Integration with Main Website – Incorporate redirection to landing pages from the main website or blog. This increases the possibility of visitors coming from different channels such as referrals, search engines, and direct traffic. It further leads to increasing the chances of lead collection.
- Optimize Banners – Include landing page links on important banners and sections on your website to capture leads.
- Utilize Blog Traffic – Try to find innovative ways to direct users from your blog to the latest landing pages to monetize your organic traffic.
- Measure Performance – Continue to measure the performance of your landing pages by experimenting with content placement, flow and layout architecture.
Call to Action (CTA)
You’ve got your users on the website. They’re interested in your service. What do you want them to do?
Implement a ‘Call to Action.’
Adding an attention-grabbing CTA button on landing pages results in a 33% jump in conversion rates, according to studies.
But when implementing, keep following factors in mind.
- Have a clear aim.
- Check whether CTA is to get users to fill in a form field, download an ebook or take some other actions.
- Place a CTA where visitors find it intuitively when they visit your web page.
- Create an action-oriented CTA BUTTON. The button label should begin with a verb such as “Download,” “Get a Quote,” “Order Now,” “Go to Checkout.”
- Use alternate colors for buttons, or visitors can get misplaced in the overall color scheme of your website.
- Select a contrasting color for CTA. If your site is predominately blue or light blue, warm orange or nice yellow that accents your color palette is perfect.
Wondering how to create a Great Landing Page? Get assistance from Jivaso experts.
Strategic Lead Forms
Landing page copy helps a lot. Reinforce it by setting expectations in form fields.
TruckersReport a trusted network of professional truck drivers, conducted an A/B Testing to their sign-up form in reviewing their landing page.
For this, TruckersReport compared a lead form that had multiple fields with an email field only lead form. They found that the prospects filling the form with multiple fields converted 13% more than the short form.
An intelligent lead form allows you to collect all necessary information from the customers, enough to perform the first sales outreach. This also enables you to quality the prospects and isolate spam inquiries.
Which information is most important? Every lead form should capture customer name and email address so that you can effectively contact them.
But is this the only information you require?
- As you’ll not know why any of your leads contacted you.
- They may be potential clients or false visitors or job seekers with common questions.
- Or simply spam inquiries.
What will you do then?
Ask for additional information. This will allow you to separate qualified leads from the rest. The information you need depends on the type of your product or service. A few important pieces of information you should collect are:
- Phone number & email
- Name of the company (if you operate on a B2B model)
- Option to select desired services (if you offer a variety)
- Optional text box to be able to share their requirements
- Allowed budget for the product or service they are looking for
Want to Generate Good Quality Leads?
Opt-in Forms Inside Videos
With the popularity of web videos, a new breed of opt-in forms has emerged as an effective tool with digital marketing services. More than 59% of digital marketers say that Opt-in Form is one of their most effective sources of sales revenue.
You can embed an opt-in form right into your video.
In the above screenshot, an opt-in form pops up during the video and lets the internet user continue watching the video after subscribing or provide an option to skip. Depending on your requirements, you can make ‘opt-in’ mandatory or not.
It is up to you to configure the opt in form to appear at the beginning or at the end of the video.
A digital marketing agency like Jivaso can help you create opt-in forms within the purview of the videos. We follow different user engagement methodologies to capture relevant information.
A ‘Content Upgrade’ is a ‘Lead Magnet (a marketing terminology for a free service or item, a give-away to collect prospect data).
‘Content Upgrade’ is particularly designed to capture the reader’s details. It can be added anytime to the page copy. It’s a piece of information or bonus that readers can download in return for their email address.
Some examples of ‘Content Upgrade’ includes:
- White Papers
- Lists of Resources
- Raw Files and samples
- Trial Subscriptions
- Free Consultations
- Transcript of a Video Blog
- PDF Version of a Blog Post
Take a few measures. When adding ‘Content Upgrade’ it is advisable to move lead forms higher up on the page, make content upgrade section enticing and informative, and add relevant images.