Shopify is a subscription-based software that allows merchants to set up an online store and sell their products. These days, thousands of online eCommerce websites are using Shopify as the framework for their web pages.
Although Shopify allows extensive front-end customization, the checkout process follows a standard format. Many merchants want to design a custom checkout page for increasing their conversion rate and minimizing the number of abandoned carts.
- About 60% of carts are abandoned during the checkout phase
- In an online business’s success, an e-commerce business with a high rate of 86% checkout optimization plays a crucial
A well-designed app is created with quality features that streamline the checkout process and increase consumer confidence.
Goals of Shopify Custom Checkout Page – There are many websites that use standard Shopify checkout pages without making any changes in them. This page guides the consumer through the entire process of inputting billing and payment information. When a consumer finalizes the sale, the website responds to him with a ‘thank you’ page.
Nevertheless, checking out is a process where users are most likely to prevent themselves from doing a transaction. This may be because they have become careful enough about their financial information and attentive to their time.
So, if any part of the checkout process is doubtful or unclear, consumers are very prompt to quit the page.
The team of custom checkout developers must understand these two primary objectives –
- First, expert developers want to streamline the checkout process so that it consumes less time for users
- Second, they want the website to offer clear cues that everything is improving as per the requirements
Autofill technology is the first step towards making the checkout process faster than ever. Google Search Engine will fill out the shipping and billing addresses as the consumer types.
Also, learn about Top DevOps Tools You can Use in 2021 for Your Business
Integrating Additional Payment Methods – When you offer multiple payment options to consumers, it makes easier for them to shop at your site. It is good to integrate the checkout page with a trusted payment processor that will allow Shopify to secure the payment of consumers done with credit cards, debit cards and digital wallets.
Clear Discount Information – Another way to encourage conversion is to highlight exclusive discounts during checkout. When customers see special offers and discounts, they are more likely to buy now rather than postpone it for tomorrow.
Increase Confidence with Visual Badges – Always remember to include digital trust badges because these badges let your audiences feel more confident about the purchase process on your site. The site should share information about encryption, merchant guarantees and other security measures, through these visual tokens.
Optimized UI – The checkout process should not take too long. If it takes too much time, consumers will walk away. Add a progress bar because it will encourage a complete transaction by giving your consumers a sense of where they are in the process.
You may also like to know Why You Should Use DevOps in Your Business Process?
Want to Hire a Shopify Development Team?
The Development Process
There are some challenges in developing a custom Shopify checkout app. Although businesses are not using the standard Shopify page, they hardly want to give their prospective consumers a sense of anything unusual. Developers need to let consumers experience a smooth transition to the custom page and a simple process.
Shopify Checkout API Access: For a smooth transaction, information must range between Shopify and the custom checkout app. When you hire talented Shopify app developers, they make this connection through the Shopify checkout API – cart data transfer to the app, and checkout information travels through the API and back to Shopify as needed.
Payment Gateway Integration: The integration of payment gateway is another crucial factor Shopify developers need to work on. Your development team needs to connect to a payment platform directly from the app. This arrangement reduces the processing time.
Payment Response and Thank You Pages: When creating a custom checkout page, keeping in mind users is of utmost importance. Your consumers need reassurance that computers do not. The checkout app should post a response from the payment gateway to intimate users about their successful financial transactions. This keeps users engaged.
Note that the app should also send information about successful financial transactions to merchants so that they can keep a digital record.
At the end of the process, the app showcases a Thank You alert that lets users know the sale is finished. Such reports when shared with the user instills confidence in the checkout process.
Benefits of a Custom Checkout App for Merchants
Many merchants will gain benefit from a custom checkout app.
- Flexibility – The app comes with the flexibility merchants need. This is important because you may experiment with new products and business models.
- Integrate trusted payment provider – Custom app development allows the checkout app to integrate with a payment provider that the merchant trusts. New businesses can link to a new gateway as they look for the right fit.
- Software Configuration – The shipping partner of a business can change as it grows or carries new products because an experienced development team can easily configure the software to share address information with the shipping provider automatically.
- Smooth Checkout Process – A custom Shopify checkout app ensures a smooth checkout process which may put shoppers in a buying mood.
- Display Popular Products – As a merchant, you can showcase your popular products that a shopper can add to the order without re-entering the information.
- Better Conversion Rate – A Shopify custom checkout app combines a secure checkout with an optimized process. This is designed to have a user-friendly structure that leads the shopper from start to finish. Thus, you can see an increased conversion rate.
Your Trusted Partner for Shopify App Development
Shopify development team at Jivaso comes with 10+ years of experience. They are knowledgeable, skilled, competent and dedicated. They offer custom front-end services to ensure a unique, branded look. Jivaso development team also works with the back-end by creating seamless integrations and a custom checkout page. Besides, you can get complete digital marketing services to promote your brand. So, partner with us and we will offer you the best checkout solutions, thereby increasing conversion rates of your eCommerce Shopify store.