Digital marketing is more competitive than ever in 2021.
This is because of consumer’s shifts toward social media and digital video.
Businesses’ investment in digital marketing campaigns is another reason, which has made digital advertising more competitive.
As a result, an acceleration in the rise of paid ads can be seen.
This shows ad spend will continue to rise. According to the data shared by eMarketer,
- Total digital ad spending has been estimated to reach $455.30 billion this year
- Of that, 55.2% will be allocated to display ads, and 40.2% will be for search
And you need to personalize customer experience to cut through the noise.
Even if you invest in creating the best ad campaigns, you still have to put in a lot of work to get your ads to reach a wide audience and convert them into customers.
That’s why ad campaign optimization is important.
Generally, ad campaign optimization refers to steps taken to enhance the performance of campaigns. It helps you:
- Target the right audience
- Craft personalized content and messaging
- Leverage the right platforms and tools
- Reduce your customer acquisition costs (CAC)
Thus, you will be able to maximize your potential and, ultimately, your profits.
Let’s get insights into the ad campaign optimization hacks to get the best return on ad spend (ROAS).
1. Run Multi-Channel Ad Campaigns
One crucial step to boost conversions and sales is to create multi-channel ad campaigns. Such campaigns include several different promotional and distribution channels into a single, unified customer acquisition strategy.
Benefits of creating a multi-channel campaign are manifold.
- You will save time and money by reusing media across different channels
- You will offer customers a seamless experience when they move between channels
- You will be able to reach a wider audience
- You will create a cohesive brand story across many channels
- You will let people recognize your brand when they encounter your ads on multiple platforms
- You will stand ahead of the competition by executing your ad campaign well
Focal Points to Create and Optimize Multi-Channel Ad Campaigns
- Know your target audience
- Understand their popular channels
- Set goals for your campaign
- Determine important KPIs (key performance indicators) to assess progress
- Use a tool like Google Analytics to measure performance
- Track attributions using the same tool
2. Track and Measure Your Ad Campaigns
Carefully tracking campaigns allows you to get insights and make real-time adjustments. Set out a strategy for measuring and tracking your campaign’s performance. For this, you can use online tools. Tracking relevant campaign KPIs will allow you to reap several benefits.
Benefits of tracking and measuring your ad campaigns:
You will know the performance of your keyword. Right keywords play a significant role in successful ad campaigns. It is good to quickly change the keywords if they are not driving relevant traffic.Gain insights into which media types boost conversions and drive engagement. You can do this by A/B testing campaigns with different media and content types.You will be able to analyze audience behavior and find out which parts of your ad campaign audiences are not engaging with. Based on that, you will be able to optimize your ad campaign.You’ll know how each channel helps drive traffic. Focus more resources on these channels. Google Attribution is the right tool to help with your audience attribution.
Note that you should not over optimize or change your campaigns very frequently. This will prevent you from seeing long-term trends that you can use for building better iterations of your campaigns.
3. Multi-Media Planning
Using different media types for a single campaign drives engagement and an effective customer journey.
For instance, you might be designing a campaign that comprises a combination of a landing page, ads, YouTube, etc. Manage the cohesive flow of your media assets across different platforms.
Your customers will get confused if your media assets are not properly aligned. In this case, your conversion rates and engagement will plummet. So, set out a robust media planning strategy.
Doing multi-media planning for your ad campaigns can be a headache. Getting it wrong can have a negative impact on your campaign performance. So, always get assistance from experienced digital markers. As a digital marketing agency, Jivaso can help you plan multi-media campaign assets across paid, owned, and earned media channels. Connect with our paid ad experts for more details: +1-647-200-3318.
4. Create Ad Strategies
A brand-centric ad campaign is a bad idea. But, creating a strategy that addresses your Buyer Journey is good to go.
A buyer journey refers to steps that your prospects will follow to go through before converting into customers. Generally, it features three stages.
- Awareness Stage: This is the stage when your prospect becomes aware of the problem your service or product solves. You need to create personalized ad content that acknowledges this problem and gives a solution to your audience. This will grab the audition’s attention.
- Consideration Stage: At this stage, your prospect begins searching for a solution to the problem. An intelligently created ad content demonstrates your ability to solve the problem. It is good to run retargeting ads to engage users who viewed your previous ads.
- Decision State: The prospect measures online service providers and picks one that is most suitable to tackle their problem. So, create content that helps them make informed decisions.
When optimizing your ad campaigns, align your ad strategy to your buyer journey. This will allow you to design targeted and personalized ads.
5. Centralized Product Catalogue
Keep a centralized product catalog to optimize your ad campaigns. The catalog will provide you with visibility into products that are popular with customers and are sold at volume. You can easily know product descriptions, features, dimensions, price, availability, color, customer reviews, and more.
With this centralized product catalogue, you can –
- Easily set up and display product pricing and features and use that information in your ad campaigns
- Decide which products you want to feature in your ad campaigns
- Easily match product images to best-suited platforms while optimizing multi-channel campaigns
- Optimize your ad campaigns while streaming some of your ad creation tasks
- Ensure that any changes to your product inventory reflect in your ads
- Make sure that your customers always have accurate information
Without a centralized product catalogue, you’d be stuck in unproductive and inefficient processes that waste time when changing product-specific aspects of your ad campaigns.
Looking for Team of Genius Digital Marketing Experts?
Join hands with top digital marketers and grow your business Iike never before