Your website lives and dies by its conversion rates. While good conversion rates generate more sales, poor conversion rates mean struggles to keep your business afloat. Innovations in technology have triggered massive changes in digital marketing service approaches. One such change is ‘Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). CRO is a method to grow website visitors or improve the percentage of users to take the desired action. So, maintaining a healthy CRO is integral for a successful online business.
For this, you need to consider notable factors that strike conversions. And one of the factors is the User Experience (UX), which is largely affected by UI (User-Interface). UX is how things work and UI is how things look. The engagement of online audiences depends on UX/UI design. This is the reason web design has earned worldwide recognition. Having a well-designed website with great UI is good for engaging customers and improving CRO.
Better UX web design can potentially make UI worthwhile to improve conversion rate.
User Experience Design
UX is related to everything including your visitors, leads, customers as they navigate your site on each page. UX determines how easily users find and what they are searching for on your site.
- A better UX design enables you to understand customers in a better way.
- UX design improves the brand image and keeps you ahead in the competition.
- UX design helps establish a strong relationship with visitors which increases your credibility.
- 88% of users don’t tend to come back to a website after a bad user experience.
- 54%+ look at lists without bullet points.
- 70% of people look at lists with bullet points.
- Because of bad usability, more than 68% of online businesses fail
Let’s explore how you can improve Website Conversion Rate through UX Design.
1. Simplicity is the Key
Simplicity is supreme when it comes to web design. A simple web design builds an edge for the online audiences when they order a product, request a service, make a digital payment or directly contact a business through contact forms. To ensure a well-built design:
- Avoid making designs too complicated
- Design a proper content layout for excellent readability
- Ensure clear, user-friendly navigation that allows visitors to quickly find the required information
- Have an engaging layout by keeping it clean and simple
- Check how your website appears on mobile. For this, use Google mobile site tester
- If your site is not accessible on mobile, create a mobile version of your website
- Avoid making each and every process too simple to boost online sales
- Ensure if the site loads within 2 seconds
- Minimize all controllable factors that slow down site speed. For this, use reliable site hosting, optimized graphics and proper website code.
2. Efficient Use of White Spaces
Do you know the ‘White Space’ of a website is a vital element of a great design? Yes, that’s true! However, despite being one of the most significant facets of website design, ‘White Space’ is so underrated.
According to UX/UI experts,
- White space around titles and text prompts user attention
- It ensures a better user experience
- It makes your content easy to navigate
- It allows visitors to stay on the web page
- It improves readability and drives attention to the right elements
- It offers guidance to visitors to navigate from one object on the page to another
However, always make a balance between the use of ‘White Space’ and important information.
Transparency is another important ingredient of a great UX/UI design.
- Use impressive visual designs with clear messages so people can easily understand the context of the business
- Allow uninterrupted and reliable data access to the users to easily find relevant information
- Deliver a clear message to the site visitors
- Avoid any confusing phrase or sentences that compel visitors to read that message again and again. It leaves a negative impact on their mind.
4. Trust Factor Is Important
- Your company’s reliability
- The products you offer
- Correct, clear, and complete information on your website
5. Inclusion of Contact Information
Remove useless items from your website. Give a safe and secure way to get in touch with your patrons. This allows providing a better UX to visitors.
- Add clear and visible contact information and place CTA
- Let customers contact you through phone, email, fax, physical address.
- Mention phone number, email in the footer of every page.
- Add a live chat tool so that users can chat with you in case of any query without wasting a single minute.
6. Reduce Error Messages
Some of the common traits are:
- Missing Files
- Inappropriate Sentences
- Broken Links
These errors turn the views of prospective customers into negative ones. A Bad UX design can put you in big trouble and may spoil your image. Whenever visitors visit your site, they may tend to interact with your content. This is why content is considered the most important element.
7. Add a Realistic Touch
Apart from the points mentioned above, humanize your websites. It gives a realistic touch to the sites. Visitors will feel more engaged and emotionally connected when they see people like them portrayed on the site. It will build an emotional connection with your design and content. Thus, you’ll build trust.
Besides a great UX Design, there are other ways to improve website conversion rate. However, you should prioritize better UX design as it yields outstanding growth in sales and conversion rate. Wondering about creating great UI and UX design? Give a call us. We will help you with the best Web Design & UI/UX service. We not just craft appealing designs, but also provide great experiences to your users.