Google is always committed to building tools that make it easier for business owners to update how their business appears to potential customers on Google Search and Maps. With this goal, Google has expanded editing capability for GMB (Google My Business) profile in Search and Maps as well as has started offering Pointy – a platform that enables local businesses to get their inventory discoverable online. A free trial of Pointy is available until September 30.
Being available on GMB is one of the key segments of digital marketing services. Expansion of GMB profile editing capabilities in Search and Maps is a welcome move during the pandemic. With this –
- It is easier to show what your business offers on Google
- You are able to add your local service offerings to your GMB profiles directly from Search.
- Local service offerings can be related to ground wire installations, construction, auto repair, eyelash extensions, hair styling, plumbing, leak repairs, etc.
- As a local business, you can schedule Google Posts directly within Search
Note that feature to edit GMB profiles from Google Search and Maps was first introduced for search in 2017. It was expanded to Maps last year.
Last year. we added ways for you to change basic business inform... message your customers and see detailed insights. A. now. as we .ad into Intemabo.1 Small Business We.. we have even more ways for you to update your Business Profile — all Directly from Search aryl Maps. You can add details. such mu contact Information and opening hours. and create Posts to share updates. Ike special offers or new offerings, right from Google Search
...from Google blog
You can now create posts about upcoming events, such as when and where events are going to happen or whether you are throwing a reopening party or hosting an online tasting.
Also, learn about keyword stuffing in Google My Business (GMB)
Updating GMB Profile
For updating your Business Profile on GMB from Maps:
- Login into the Google account linked with your business and tap your profile picture followed by ‘Your Business Profile’ on Google Maps.
Updating your Business Profile on GMB from From Search –
- Login into the Google account linked with your business and tap your profile picture. Type your business name or ‘my business’ into Google Search.
If you are a restaurant owner, you are now able to add menu items to your GMB profile from Search and Maps. Google is also coming up with an update to add ordering options such as delivery or pick-up from search.
Moreover, restaurant and service business entrepreneurs can now facilitate online bookings through their GMB profiles from Search. To enjoy the benefits of this feature, you must sign up with a Reserve with Google Partner.
Looking For A Digital Marketing Agency?
How to Show Customers Your Services?
- For Auto Repair, Construction and Hair Styling -Google allows using ‘Edit profile’ menu on Search and easily update the services you offer. If applicable, you can update the local areas you serve.
- For beauty and personal care businesses – Beauty and personal care businesses can show off their specialties like box braids, eyelash extensions, curly hair, balayage, beard trims, or dreadlocks.
- For Service Or Restaurant Business – If you are associated with restaurant businesses, you can facilitate online bookings through your Business Profile — right from Google Search. Once you sign up successfully with a Reserve with Google partner, (the Reserve with Google Partner Portal is an interactive tool that allows you to manage your integration with Reserve with Google) you will happen to see how many bookings customers have made with your business directly on Google.
Free Pointy Trial
Google is also offering ‘POINTY’ for free to eligible retailers through September 30. It acquired Pointy in January 2020. Pointy uses a hardware device (shown below) that attaches to a point-of-sale barcode scanner to pull its image, title and description to add it to Surfaces across Google.
- Businesses in the Canada, USA, UK, Australia, and Ireland
- Those retailers with physical stores using wired barcode scanners or compatible point of sale systems and sell products with manufacturer (UPC/EAN) barcodes.
Local Opportunity Finder
In a separate blog post, Google has also announced to have launched a new tool called Local Opportunity Finder, which is very useful when it comes to digital marketing. This tool is designed to help local business owners by providing customized recommendations to improve their visibility on Search and Maps.
As a business owner, you just need to enter the name of your business into the tool and Google will provide a list of resources, such as how to respond to reviews or tips for uploading photos.
Why You Should Care
- Being able to update profile on ‘Google My Business’ from Search or Maps keeps your audiences up-to-date about how your business is operating
- Your customers will easily know what you are currently offering
- Pointy can be a smart solution for SMBs that want to get their inventory online
- Free trial of Pointy helps local businesses reach a decision about whether it’s worthwhile to invest in such a platform.
To conclude, capability to expand GMB profile in Search and Maps is a potential step taken by Google. It is important for you to show updated information and details to people when they search for your business in Google. This makes your business stand out like what service you offer and when you are open.